If you’ve ever traveled anywhere in the Caribbean we are certain that you have seen the islands’ staple food, conch. A few ways in which you can enjoy conch are; deep fried as a conch fritter, fried as cracked conch or fresh out of the water in a conch salad.
Today we’ll focus on the healthiest and most natural form of conch, the conch salad. Read below for a full recipe on how to prepare a traditional conch salad.
- 2 Pounds conch meat
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 15 squeezed limes
- Salt, pepper and cayenne pepper to taste
- Remove conch from shell and thoroughly wash them in salt water.
- Squeeze limes onto fresh conch meat.
- Dice and chop all vegetables into a separate bowl.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Let the salad marinate for at least half an hour in the refrigerator.
- Enjoy! Conch salad stays good for usually 4-5 days so feel free to make enough for leftovers.
There you go an easy, delicious Caribbean original that is going to leave you wanting more.