From the very moment that you embark upon your journey down to the British Virgin Islands, we’re sure that you’ll be ready to kick back, relax and enjoy at least a drink or two at some of the Caribbean’s best beach bars.
Now, what might one expect from the island bar scene? An adventurous evening of endless rum, dancing and fun? A low-key night accompanied by a few signature cocktails and some live music? Well the answer is, anyway you want it because the bar scene in the BVI is quite diverse and unique with a little bit of something for everyone. Here’s your chance to take the time to do a little research on these 5 BVI bars and why each is sure to help you make some memories that last a lifetime.
- Leverick Bay Restaurant. A great place for lunch at the beach bar or dinner on the upstairs terrace and come evening time Levericks transforms into one of the best bars on Virgin Gorda. Happy hour, live music, delicious island drinks, and of course the world-renown Jumbies, offer the perfect mix for one unforgettable time.
- Foxy’s. Arguably considered as the most famous bar in the BVI, Foxy’s has been serving up stiff rum drinks to sailors and visitors alike for over 45 years now. Grab the catch of the day from Foxy himself, a micro-brew or signature rum drink and kick back to enjoy the party at Foxy’s on Jost Van Dyke.
- Soggy Dollar Bar. Located at White Bay on Jost Van Dyke, the Soggy Dollar Bar offers a perfect escape from the sun and a chance to sit back and breath in that Caribbean air. Visitors will find an extremely welcoming atmosphere with friendly bartenders, bar games, great food and even better drinks.
- Bomba’s Shack. This beach side bar is home to BVI’s famous “Full-Moon Parties” at Apple Bay. Enjoy the laid back atmosphere with its live island music and flowing rum-punch. Be aware that Bomba’s is typically for the adult customer due to art and decorations of women’s under garments and graffiti. It is a place like none other!
- Bitter End Yacht Club. Located on Virgin Gorda, you can either get a few drinks midday at the Bitter End Yacht Club’s swim-up pool bar or stop a little later to grab dinner and drinks at the Crawl Pub. At night, the Crawl Pub becomes one BVI’s hottest sports bars with its big screen TV for airing your favorite games on a nightly basis.
Whatever type of bar experience you’re seeking, we are sure that the BVI will provide you with what you’re looking for.