Packing for a vacation for the British Virgin Islands is a lot like packing for any other tropical destination: bringing protection from the sun and heat is key. But you also need to be prepared for the unexpected and be ready to enjoy your trip to one of the most beautiful destinations in the world. Here are a few things to keep in mind when packing for a British Virgin Islands vacation.
- Well before you leave for the BVI, make sure you have all of your travel documents in order and secure. This includes a valid passport, driver’s license, airline tickets and/or boarding passes. A pocketbook or outside pocket of your carry-on bag is ideal for storing this important infomation, since you’ll need easy access at the airport and upon arrival to your destnation.
- In your carry-on bag, pack your toiletry bag and at least one change of clothing, as well as a bathing suit. Just like other destinations, the British Virgin Islands it is not uncommon for your luggage to be delayed at either the airport or in transit to your hotel.
- Choose a full-sized suitcase or soft-sided luggage bag. Wheeled luggage is best, since some airports on your way to the British Virgin Islands may require you to deplane on the tarmac while others require long walks from the gate to ground transportation.
- For the beach, pack at least two swimsuits, multiple pairs of UV-rated sunglasses, waterproof sunscreen, a brimmed hat (to protect your head, face, neck and ears from the sun), and a sarong or wrap.
- A camera is a must! Make sure you pack enough memory cards to capture the beauty of the British Virgin Islands.
No matter what you pack for your trip to the British Virgin Islands, you will enjoy the beauty and culture of the islands.