With warm ocean breezes, private coves, postcard worthy vistas and crystal aquamarine waters, The British Virgin Islands make an ideal place to purchase a vacation home. Consisting of around sixty tropical islands, ranging in size from the largest, Tortola (12 miles long and 3 miles wide), to tiny uninhabited islets, there are plenty areas perfect for some island exploring or peaceful relaxation. If you’re looking for a place to enjoy a getaway from the hustle and bustle of every day life, a home away from home in the vibrant and serene islands may be just what you need.
Nestled on a private peninsula on the eastern tip of the lush island of Virgin Gorda, you’ll find Oil Nut Bay - a pristine resort community unlike any other in the Caribbean. While you could simply stay at Oil Nut Bay and soak in all the incredible sights without ever leaving the community, a vacation home here also can act as a home-base for exploring all the other natural wonders that The British Virgin Islands and Virgin Gorda has to offer. Here are 5 reasons why you should consider escaping to the BVI.
- With one of the most stunning landscapes in the world, Virgin Gorda offers 8.5 square miles of natural wonders. Wander through Devil’s Bay, or trek through Little Fort National Park nature sanctuary. Just make sure your bring your camera to capture all the gorgeous vistas.
- Smuggler’s Cove, Elizabeth’s Beach, Apple Bay; The Island of Tortola has numerous white sand beaches to choose from, all beckoning you to come, flip off your sandals and dig your feet in the fine delicate sands. Perfect for both sunbathing and swimming, soak up some rays in the crystal waters of the Caribbean.
- Kiteboarding, swimming with dolphins, snorkeling, and more. The BVIs are a playground for those water-seeking adventurists. Watch the colorful fish swim underneath your kayak in the clear waters as you paddle along, or go on a deep sea fishing excursion and reel in the big one. If you’re looking to fill your days with activities, you’ll find no better place than the British Virgin Islands.
- Cafes, fine dining establishments or casual hangouts. When your appetite strikes, you’ll find a number of delicious dining options in the British Virgin Islands. From succulent steaks and freshly caught fish, to tropical fruit smoothies and hand crafted deserts, you’ll find whatever it is you’re craving. Try BananaKeet Cafe or Dove Restaurant and Wine Bar for a uniquely BVI experience.
- Regattas, horse races, festivals and parties fill the calendar and make any time of year an exciting time to stay in the British Virgin Islands. Drawing in a crowd of tourists and locals alike, you can spend your time partaking in the festivities and meeting some friendly faces along the way.